Fleet/Occupational Driver Assessments
From Cars, Vans all the way up to C plus E
Latest course completed for Gregorys Distribution Assessors course 4 days long for two in house company trainers .Well done to Justin and Martin Gaining Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) firsts.
Information on our Fleet and Occupational Driver risk assessments:
Are you Looking to;
- Reduce the costs associated with operating your own company fleet?
- Improve your drivers’ attitudes to risk
- Ensure conformance with current Health and Safety legislation? Click here
- All of the above?
Our highly effective course designed for all occupational drivers focuses on helping drivers to develop the attitudes, behaviours and technical skills which can be employed to reduce road risk while driving on company business.
The benefits to your organisation include:
- Enhances hazard recognition and risk assessment skills
- Encourages the development of stress-reducing strategies
- Promotes greater safety for drivers and other road users
- Helps reduce fuel consumption and vehicle wear and tear
- Builds greater awareness of health and safety issues
- Ensures conformance with existing health and safety legislation
Changing drivers’ perceptions of risk and increasing personal awareness of road safety issues and focussing on driver attitudes and behaviours, while working to enhance individual participant’s driving skills, our Fleet Occupational Driver training course aims to significantly reduce risk – to your drivers, company vehicles, and third-party road users – and reduce the costs of unnecessary insurance claims, and the excessive wear and tear caused by inappropriate driving.
What does the course cover?
The course begins with an interactive presentation, appropriately entitled ‘Focus on Risk’.
Practical training begins with driving licence, eyesight and vehicle checks. In order to identify individual training needs, participants undertake a short assessment drive, enabling their trainer to tailor a personal lesson plan with specific training objectives.
Participants are then taken for a demonstration drive, featuring an ‘instructional commentary’ explaining how their trainer creates time and space to manage potential hazards, effectively.
We also coach participants in the development of key driving skills, including low speed manoeuvring and fuel-efficient driving.
What are the ‘deliverables’ for participants and their managers?
At the end of the course, participants receive constructive feedback on their performance, advice on how they can continue to develop their driving skills, and a Certificate of Attendance.
To enable fleet operators to manage their company’s occupational road risk, the whole process is documented in the form of a risk-rated driving report. Most delegates fall into the categories of ‘Low Risk’ or ‘Average Risk’.
Where a driver is identified as ‘High Risk’, the company will be notified immediately, and appropriate training recommendations will be offered .
Whose vehicle – and where does training take place?
Conducted in the participant’s own vehicle or allocated company car or van – training is delivered by a fully qualified IAM Fleet advanced driver trainer.
Minimising business disruption and reducing your employees’ travelling time, training can usually be held at any location.
Please note: course participants must hold a valid licence and the vehicle in which training is to take place must be legally roadworthy and fully insured.
Occupational Driver – Course Content
- How to be sure you are legal
- How to plan the best route
- Understanding hazards and driver behaviour: reading the road
- Driver awareness: concentration, observation, anticipation, and the creation of space & time
- Driving ‘defensively’
- Vehicle maintenance and preparation
- Forward and reverse manoeuvring
- UK traffic law, the Highway Code and licence requirements
While this training course is designed specifically for occupational drivers, the skills and strategies learned, should also prove invaluable to participants driving their own vehicles outside of work.
This full-day course provides an excellent introduction for drivers wishing to take any of the Advanced driving tests on offer ie IAM Advanced Driving Test or ROSPA, and therefore achieving an internationally recognised qualification.